Associate Partner, Client Engagement
VSA Partners is a design and brand experience firm.
We are a group of dedicated, collaborative and kind people that value smarts over egos. We work very hard to create human-centered, insight-inspired work that moves people, changes behavior, and answers real strategic problems. We started as a design firm over 30 years ago and operate today as a design and brand-led experience firm. Formally, we’re a branding and marketing company that approaches business challenges holistically and aims to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising. Informally, we’re a family that comes together at the table every day to make something great.
We’re looking for a growth-oriented Associate Partner, Client Engagement who’s driven to land, develop and grow client projects and relationships. You’ll serve as the primary lead and point of contact on 2-3 large, foundational VSA clients and will also lead NBD efforts to grow the overall VSA NY portfolio.
Our ideal Associate Partner, Client Engagement has a breadth of experience—in branding, marketing and digital as well as in strategy, writing and relationship management. While your focus is primarily on clients and business growth, you’re also adept at managing internal organizational relationships in order to best serve the client (including design, strategy, UX, content, and technology.)
VSA Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive, equitable environment for all employees. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need.
- Manage and grow a $4-6M portfolio of client business, building a portfolio 25% Y/Y
- Retain and build relationships with key decision makers within assigned accounts, striving to have productive, positive relationships at all key levels within organization.
- Identify organic areas of growth on existing accounts and lead efforts to capitalize on those opportunities including writing proposals and closing deals.
- Work with CMO and Account Group leadership in identifying, pursuing and landing NBD opportunities
- Represent the totality of VSA offerings to clients by quickly and effectively articulating the correct mix of VSA capabilities to address a client challenge. This includes selling digital products/experiences.
- Contribute to VSA thought leadership content about industry insights of particular areas of expertise
- Ensure overall creative strength and quality of any and all program deliverables, in collaboration of Account Group Leadership and Practice Leads
- Collaborate with Practice Leads, AG Leads, and Project Managers/Resourcing to ensure that projects are staffed appropriately to client needs and project demand.
- Approve client invoicing and payables, in collaboration with Project Management and Accounting.
- Manage account financial lifecycle, including estimates and revenue forecasts, in collaboration with Project Managers.
- Collaborate with Project Managers, as necessary, to define, craft and implement project plans
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, communications, business, or a related field (a Master’s degree is a big plus).
- 10+ years of work experience, with recent experience in an agency environment—digital experience is preferred
- 6+ years of client service experience with proven track record.
- Strong experience in digital product development a major plus
- Strong domain knowledge of the client and industry in which they operate: its company, culture, market and competitors
- Ability and willingness to roll-up-your sleeves and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Strong presentation and communication skills, with the ability to develop powerful presentations and articulate confidently
- The drive and the knowhow to go above and beyond to ensure client’s issues and requests are sufficiently resolved
- The capability to identify opportunities within the client’s organization and define the business problem that VSA will help solve.
- A demonstrated ability to be forward-thinking and innovative while understanding client needs and the limitations of VSA’s business processes and technologies.
- Skills in problem solving, judgment, critical thinking and decision-making
- Strong people and influence management skills.
- A knack for working with people and building relationships, and a desire to do this with some of the nicest people on the planet.