Creative Director - Digital
We are a group of dedicated, collaborative, and kind people that value smarts over egos. We work very hard to create human-centered, insight-inspired work that moves people, changes behavior, and answers real strategic problems. We started as a design firm over 30 years ago and operate today with a “design thinking" approach to everything we do. Formally, we’re a branding and marketing company that approaches business challenges holistically and aims to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing, and advertising. Informally, we’re a family that comes together at the table every day to make something great.
VSA’s Digital Design team is responsible for activating each of our clients’ vision, voice and story across digital channels. We make ideas tangible and meaningful for the audiences that matter, in a cross-platform, technology-agnostic way.
The Creative Director will achieve and maintain a high level of quality for all digital work for assigned accounts. He/she will also be responsible for the overall growth and success of a team of designers. The Creative Director will contribute to the growth of accounts and to opportunities for future accounts. He/she will embrace and support VSA’s policies and culture and will have the personal goal of producing the best quality work at all times.
- Ensure and maintain a consistent, high quality level of work for all assigned accounts.
- Lead the creative across multiple accounts.
- Communicate account knowledge with the team, so they understand and articulate brands according to established guidelines and philosophies.
- Crafting user research plans, synthesizing research findings into actionable insights, and translating insights into engaging, results-driven brand and digital experiences.
- Advocating for the customer in every aspect of the digital product creation process.
- Establish overall direction for client programs and projects, synthesize and translates creative briefs to the team, orchestrate all creative aspects, and coordinate all constituents.
- Assist in developing omni-channel digital strategies that are insight-driven, actionable, and align with our clients’ business objectives.
- Represent Design and Digital in new business meetings; understand and articulate VSA's Design and Digital capabilities.
- Identify potential growth areas of assigned accounts with Client Engagement and help shape and grow client relationships.
- Influence technology decisions in ways that improve the digital experience without compromising performance.
- Lead teams in the development of prototypes of varying fidelity.
- Lead teams in the creation of clear build-ready documentation.
- Consult development teams throughout the build process.
- Champion digital design and user experience principles, including (but not limited to) atomic design, responsive behavior, accessibility, usability, and scalability.
- Present to clients and to internal teams to run productive meetings.
- Engage in high level discussions with peers and managers about the firm.
- Work closely with Project Managers and Client Engagement leads to scope projects accurately and to establish project plans.
- Work with Discipline Leads to apply and implement agreed-upon processes.
- Manage multidisciplinary teams on multiple projects, ensuring that quality is high, milestones are met, and the team is appropriately utilized.
- Proactively identify and address inefficiencies within the process..
- Leverage and support peers and team members, ensuring that everyone has a voice and positive collaboration is achieved.
- Establish appropriate growth opportunities to team members.
- Identify tools and resources to improve efficiency.
- Evaluate (or participates in the evaluation of) team members at yearly reviews.
- Identify developmental needs of staff, including training, communicating and implementing productivity standards, evaluating work, and providing instruction.
- Provide support for design work, if workload requires.
- Promote diversity, inclusion, and empathy in everything you do.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned.
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience in Design.
- 5+ years of leading digital product creation.
- 3+ years of experience effectively leading a team.
- Experience consulting to large B2B and B2C clients.
- Expertise in digital design tools (Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, InVision, Figma, Zeplin, Principle, etc).
- Experience identifying and shepherding efficient and productive digital design approaches that meet the needs of the client and improve the quality of our outputs.
- Expert knowledge of digital design principles and practices.
- Ability to be an organized, systematic, and strategic thinker.
- Capable of influencing the big picture, while also paying attention to the details.
- Adept at preemptively identifying problems and devising solutions.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills to engage, persuade, and motivate clients, team members, and peers.
- A commitment to high quality work and to positive and productive relationships with all — clients, team members, peers, managers, etc.
- Skills in complex problem solving, judgment, critical thinking, and decision-making.
- Ability to be versatile and handle multiple projects and re-prioritizations.
- Ability to organize information, prioritize, have attention to detail, and accurately follow procedures.
- Ability to maintain self-motivation and to work independently in team environments.