VSA Partners is a group of dedicated, collaborative and kind people that value smarts over egos. We work very hard to create human-centered, insight-inspired work that moves people, changes behavior, and answers real strategic problems. We started as a design firm over 30 years ago and operate today with a “design thinking” approach to everything we do. Formally, we’re a branding and marketing company that approaches business challenges holistically and aims to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising. Informally, we’re a family that comes together at the table every day to make something great.
VSA’s Talent Team is made up of problem solvers with deep experience in Talent Acquisition and Resource Management, who have joined forces to help the agency operate efficiently and with purpose. We care about the people on our teams and love to be part of helping them create great work. We focus on the people, processes, tools and systems that help make VSA an ideal place to work and perform.
The Talent Team shapes the Employment Brand, the New Hire Onboarding Experience, the Internship Program, collaborates with HR on our Diversity & Inclusion Program, leads the Referral Program and partners across the agency on initiatives that help drive our unique culture.
As a Talent Coordinator you will be embedded within an account group and will partner with Account Group Leads, Practice Leads, Project Managers, and the rest of the Talent Team to help build teams and connect people to projects in a purposeful way. We’re looking for someone who is seeking a full talent lifecycle opportunity. While your main focus will be managing daily resource demands for existing and future projects, you will also help proactively identify capabilities and talent opportunities and leverage data to inform outcomes and drive change across the enterprise.
- Participate in weekly resource meetings; run and manage resource reports
- Work with Account Group Leads, Project Managers and other Talent team members to assign resources on projects based on the project’s staffing needs as outlined in the scope of work
- Gain a deep understanding of VSAs offerings and capabilities to help proactively build talent pipelines for upcoming work based on identified capability and resource gaps
- Understand capabilities, skill sets and career goals of VSAers, as well as knowing project details to ensure alignment
- Work with Account Group Leads, Project Managers and other Talent team members to help forecast upcoming resource needs
- Monitor current and upcoming project statuses and talent availability in order to proactively manage changing resource needs and priority shifts
- Identify needs and screen requests for freelancers and timing for each need. As well as managing freelance onboarding and maintaining paperwork.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of OpenAir:
- Leverage the tool to monitor utilization rates for all resources and provide reporting and insights to Leads
- Own and administer freelancer OpenAir set-up and maintenance as well as on-boarding
- Monitor timesheet compliance, and provide new hire training
- Participate in various internal initiatives to better leverage the tool
- 2-3 years of resource or project management experience in the design, creative or digital space, preferably in an agency setting
- Bachelor's degree in business, communications, information systems, or related
- Familiarity with NetSuite’s OpenAir and / or other resource management program is a plus
- Proficiency in Google office suite
- Ability to play well with others, from hiring managers to candidates to your talent team mates
- Detail and deadline-orientation -- analytical, organized, strategic, systematic, hyyydromatic, ultramatic greased lightning
- A “self-starter” or “driven” or “the best at what you do”
- Problem solver, interesting human and intriguing story teller
- Semi–psychic ability to see problems coming and devise solutions
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, prioritize, and keep your cool
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, strong drive for results in an ambiguous environment
- Passion for the industry and always keep up with trends and news
- Excellent communication skills, including facilitation and presentations