Senior Infrastructure Engineer
VSA Partners is a group of dedicated, collaborative and kind people that value smarts over egos. We work very hard to create human-centered, insight-inspired work that moves people, changes behavior, and answers real strategic problems. We started as a design firm over 30 years ago and operate today with a “design thinking” approach to everything we do. Formally, we’re a branding and marketing company that approaches business challenges holistically and aims to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising. Informally, we’re a family that comes together at the table every day to make something great.
VSA’s Operations team leads all of the internal operating functions of VSA including: Administration, Human Resources, IT, Legal, Talent Acquisition, Resourcing and Project Management. We focus on people, processes, tools and systems with the end goal of making VSA an ideal place to work and perform. The diverse members of the Operations Team are at the top of their individual fields and use their expertise to drive culture, performance and efficiency at VSA.
The Senior Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for maintenance and administration of network and server infrastructure for the enterprise, and participates in the planning, design, configuration, operation, and support of server and network systems, applications and related infrastructure across the enterprise.
- Assist with diagnosing and resolving complex infrastructure and application issues based on system architecture, project requirements, and customer expectations; escalate as appropriate.
- Manage network architecture, security and deployment, including wireless, core and edge devices
- Assist with disaster recovery planning, management and scheduled testing.
- Collaborate on client IT projects to ensure security requirements and policy are met or exceeded throughout project life cycle.
- Coordinate with Desktop Team to build, deploy, and support solutions; provide backup coverage for Desktop Support.
- Assist in the ongoing evaluation of the enterprise infrastructure for the purpose of adding security, increasing efficiency, reducing cost, and lowering administration effort.
- Configure and manage SAN, backup and disaster recovery solution; anticipate and plan for future storage requirements.
- Perform proactive system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all network and server resources and key processes, automating tasks to streamline monitoring operations.
- Document new systems, update existing systems architecture and technology portfolio documentation; maintain change control systems.
- Maintain vendor relationships.
- Participate in overall IT planning and strategy, responsible for yearly infrastructure planning and budget; enable continuing innovation
- Must have a Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years progressive system administration experience with Windows Server, Cisco IOS/UCS, Unix variants, and Apple platforms.
- VMWare ESXi certification, active pursuit or near completion of CCNA, RHCT, RHCE, or similar IT certification a plus.
- Must have experience with automation and monitoring using scripting and other related tools
- Must have experience maintaining and testing backup and recovery systems in an enterprise environment.
- Experience with Microsoft group policy and managing computers at scale; managing patching, software and firmware updates for Windows, Linux, and Cisco devices.
- Administrative experience with AWS, Google Cloud a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of SAN, NAS, server and network hardware technologies.
- Working knowledge of WAN, LAN, and VOIP network design concepts (Cisco preferred), security, and administration principles; virtualization platforms (VMWare preferred).
- Proficiency with one or more scripting languages (Powershell, bash, Python).
- Strong understanding of concepts behind high availability design and implementation.
- Ability to manage concurrent projects to plan, with experience functioning as a lead on projects.
- Must be able to thoroughly document implementations, modifications and removals in written form and using standard tools such as Visio or OmniGraffle.
- A strategic thinker who enjoys being hands on, is committed to getting things done and done well, can communicate with ease with all types of people, is nimble and can multi-task, and genuinely likes to help others.