VSA Partners is a design-driven branding and marketing company.
VSA was founded as a design firm more than 30 years ago with the belief that design is not only a craft, but a tool for achieving business objectives. As design thinkers, we approach business challenges holistically and aim to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising.
We are a group of dedicated, collaborative, and kind people that value smarts over egos. We work very hard to create human-centered, insight-inspired work that moves people, changes behavior, and answers real strategic problems. Formally, we’re a branding and marketing company that approaches business challenges holistically and aims to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing, and advertising. Informally, we’re a family that comes together at the table every day to make something great.
VSA Partners is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive, equitable environment for all employees. All employment decisions are made based on qualifications, merit and business need.
Responsibilities: You’ll have quite a few, along with high expectations. But that doesn’t faze you. Every day, you will solve business problems with creative solutions, translating briefs to a team of art directors, writers, and designers. Your ability to conceptualize will be as crucial as your ability to oversee the development and execution of integrated creative. Your writing savvy and creative direction will ensure and maintain a consistent, high quality level of work across multiple disciplines. You will manage, coordinate, inspire and empower your team. You will also serve as the liaison between creative and account, often bringing them together in collaborative sessions. You will push for the smartest, most insightful solutions with an “a ha” quality, keeping the work focused on the client’s business goals and objectives. Your intimate knowledge of brand guidelines and best practices will enable your team’s creativity and allow you to identify potential growth areas on your account. Your personality will help shape and grow client relationships. Sometimes this will mean representing VSA in new business meetings. And less a responsibility than an imperative—you’ll come to VSA with an open mind and heart, embracing what it means to work here with an insanely wonderful, intelligent bunch of folks. And with your good humor, drive and candid demeanor, you’ll fit right in.
You’re the Right Creative Director for Us If…
• You have a minimum of 10+ years of creative writing experience, preferably in an agency setting.
• You've been effectively managing and leading direct reports and cross functional team members for 3+ years.
• You play well with others, from clients to creatives to strategists, professionally at all levels of the company.
• You bring knowledge of business, brand and marketing principles to the table to inspire your team and your work.
• Your creative mind can meld ideas into great work that gets noticed by consumers and the industry.
• Your big ideas have legs and you can make them walk the walk in print, digital and more.
• You write the way others wish they could, with a superior command of the English language.
• You consider yourself a problem-solver, decision maker, fair critic and excellent motivator.
• You are detail and deadline-oriented, organized, strategic, systematic, hyyyyyydromatic, ultramatic greased lightning.
• You have a semi-psychic ability to see problems coming and devise solutions.
• You can take on multiple projects, prioritize, delegate and keep your cool.
• You’ve been called a “self-starter” or “driven” or “the best at what you do.”
• You have a positive attitude and a commitment to high quality work, with the ability to distinguish between good and great.
• You have a Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Advertising or Integrated/Strategic Communications collecting dust somewhere.