VSA Partners is a design-driven brand and creative consultancy.
We are a collection of ambitious and collaborative people who value smarts over egos. We strive to create human-centered, insight-driven work that moves people, changes behavior and solves problems. We started as a design firm 35 years ago and operate today as a full-service creative consultancy with a design thinking approach to everything we do. We consider business challenges holistically, exploring the systems surrounding each clients' business, industry and people, and integrating brand, change management, digital, marketing and advertising in the process. By putting people first and uncovering unique insights, we come together every day to make something great.
VSA’s Designing Change practice grew as a natural extension of our Strategy practice in response to clients’ evolving brand and category challenges. Our practice recognizes design as a method for creating organizational change. We partner with leadership inside our clients’ organizations to imagine, craft and execute design-driven change management strategies. The solutions we design are always people-first and outcome-oriented.
As a Senior Strategist within Designing Change, you are responsible for partnering with clients to help clarify their business and brand challenges, identify opportunities to create new and meaningful value, and design and implement change strategies that drive real business results.
This role involves working in close partnership with a Fortune 50 home category leader, with additional opportunities to work across the breadth of VSA’s client portfolio.
WHAT MAKES A GREAT SENIOR STRATEGIST AT VSA
You are inquisitive, conceptual and results-oriented with a unique ability to quickly form research-backed insights, develop early hypotheses, and trust your (strong) instincts. Specifically, your colleagues consider you:
- A Big-Picture Systems Thinker. You look beyond the immediate challenge at hand to identify and connect new sources of information and knowledge. You often think about how individuals, businesses, industries, and technologies intersect, exploring beyond traditional boundaries to form unexpected insights. You have a knack for quickly synthesizing a large breadth of information to find patterns, form recommendations and develop a unique perspective.
- A Persuasive Storyteller. You are articulate and polished, with strong writing skills and an ability to craft clear stories and arguments from insights. You can translate complex ideas into clear, compelling concepts and are confident presenting your point-of-view. You show up with professionalism, authority and humility, establishing a presence in a room without feeling the need to own it.
- A Hungry Researcher. Designing traditional and non-traditional research methods to uncover new insights is a no-brainer for you. You’re intellectually curious, plugged into current events, industry trends, and innovation, and feel comfortable immersing yourself in new topics. You know where to go to understand a client’s business environment and strategy, and understand how to execute and package comprehensive analyses.
- A Focused Multi-Tasker. Your time management skills shine. You enjoy versatility in your work environment, and can contribute to multiple projects at once—all the while taking ownership of the quality of your output.
- A Creative Team Player. You value perspectives and ways of thinking that are different from your own, and welcome collaboration to inspire new ways of looking at a challenge. Outside of strategy, you can constructively contribute to other disciplines, speaking other peoples’ languages and knowing when to lead versus support.
- A Well-Rounded Person. You’re someone whom we’d like to sit next to on a plane and get dinner with when we’re on-site with a client. Personal growth is important to you. You have passions and interests that make you tick, and can teach us a thing or two about something we might not know yet.