VSA Partners is a group of dedicated, collaborative and kind people that value smarts over egos. We work very hard to create human-centered, insight-inspired work that moves people, changes behavior, and answers real strategic problems. We started as a design firm over 30 years ago and operate today with a “design thinking” approach to everything we do. Formally, we’re a branding and marketing company that approaches business challenges holistically and aims to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising. Informally, we’re a family that comes together at the table every day to make something great.
VSA's Content Practice provides brand and marketing audiences with meaningful content and communications that solve clients’ business problems. Across multiple forms, media and channels, we unite the art and engineering of content—strategizing, concepting, structuring, creating, adapting, publishing and measuring.
The Creative Director, Writing is responsible for taking a leadership role in developing unique, on-brand, and on-strategy content to solve clients’ business and brand challenges. We’re looking for a Creative Director to manage programmatic writing work, engaging stories and persuasive arguments for some of the world’s biggest brands. Leading the development of relevant, strategic, memorable and highly creative communications of virtually every kind. That special someone will be as confident in working with a CEO to craft her vision as naming a product and shaping a brand voice as he or she is in scripting a video, writing a piece of thought leadership or drafting a marketing brochure and overseeing other writers as they craft a variety of content.
• Partner closely with other Creative Directors, Strategy Directors and Client Engagement leads to translate client needs and interact to create and refine content for a chosen design direction, identifying alternative message strategies for achieving clients’ objectives.
• Think visually as well as verbally, contributing from the outset to the structure, look and feel of a client project.
• Craft new and existing conceptual/ideation copy and content across various clients.
• Think beyond individual projects and collaborate directly with clients and develop programmatic content solutions.
• Participate / lead concepting, group brainstorming, writing of placeholder copy, working both independently and collaboratively.
• Lead the development and definition of the “voice” for a client, a program or individual project.
• Establish and/or interpret brand positioning, tone, and attributes effectively.
• Demonstrate use of logic in structuring content, and offer the creative team strategic thinking and knowledge of business and marketing principles.
• Contribute to solutions to sensitive or difficult client issues in conjunction with team.
• Facilitate creative presentations to clients, and lead content strategy and development conversations.
• Observe and manage to deadlines.
• An undergraduate degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Advertising or Integrated/Strategic Communications. Master’s degree preferred.
• 7+ years of experience in communications, business, marketing, advertising or a related field.
• Recognized expertise developing strategic creative solutions.
• Significant interactive brand-building experience, including concept development.
• Experience in a client-facing role. • Experience in managing, leading, and developing a team.
• A strong vocabulary, expertise in English usage, and comfort with multiple and often complex writing assignments, styles and disciplines.
• Ability to focus on user priorities and needs in structuring content, and to offer the team strategic thinking and knowledge of business, brand and marketing principles.
• Strong influencing skills and capability to effectively articulate, present and explain writing choices.
• Ability to produce work quickly, with strength in observing and managing to deadlines.
• Ability to interact at all levels of the company and with external parties in a professional manner maintaining effective communication, both written and spoken.
• Skills in complex problem solving, judgment, critical thinking and decision-making.
• Versatility and agility in handling multiple projects and reprioritizations.
• Ability to maintain self-motivation and to work independently in team environments.