Brand Business and technology narratives. Corporate Executive presentationswebsites. Sales collateral. Whitepapers. They all rely on powerful words to do the job. Which is why VSA Partners needs a writing words powerhouse like you to help us do ours.
We’re looking for an Associate Creative Director to manage programmatic writing work engaging stories and persuasive arguments for some of the world’s biggest brands. Leading the development of relevant, strategic, memorable and highly creative communications of virtually every kind. That special someone will be as confident in working with a CEO to craft her vision as naming a product and shaping a brand voice as he or she is in scripting a video, writing a piece of thought leadership or drafting a marketing brochure and overseeing other writers as they craft a variety of content.
We are a group of dedicated, collaborative and kind people that value smarts over egos. We work very hard to create human-centered, insight-inspired work that moves people, changes behavior and addresses solves real strategic business problems. We were founded started as a design firm more than 30 years ago and operate today with a design thinking approach to everything we do. Formally, we’re a branding and marketing company that approaches business challenges holistically and aims to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising. Informally, we’re a high-performing family team that comes together at the table every day to make something great things.
Obviously they can vary a little, but generally speaking you will:
• Take a hands-on leadership role in creating compelling content stories and persuasive arguments that helps solve clients’ business, brand and communication challenges.
• Quickly understand complex businesses, industries and technologies
• Interact comfortably with client subject-matter experts and stakeholders to gather needed background information, content and data.
• Establish, interpret, and activate brand positioning while leading the development of the voice of a client, program or individual project.
• Write, edit, and oversee the creation of everything from corporate communications to sales enablement tools.
• Think and reach beyond individual projects, collaborating closely with clients to identify new opportunities and needs, and develop programmatic solutions.
• Lead presentations to clients and help manage sensitive or difficult client issues as necessary (in conjunction with Client Engagement Leads).
You will have/demonstrate/prove:
• 5+ years of experience in communications, editorial, journalism, marketing or a related field.
• An undergraduate degree in Comparative Literature, Journalism, Communications, Advertising or Integrated/Strategic Communications is preferred, but not required.
• Experience in a client-facing role.
• A strong vocabulary, expertise in English usage, and comfort with multiple and often complex writing assignments.
• An ability to focus on user priorities and needs in structuring content, and to offer the team strategic thinking and knowledge of business, brand, and marketing principles.
• Strong influencing skills and the ability to effectively articulate, present, and explain writing choices.
• Comfort in interacting at all levels of the company, and with external parties, in a professional manner.
• Versatility and agility in handling multiple projects and re-prioritizations.
• Experience in managing, leading and developing a team.
• Strong self-motivation and comfort with ambiguity.