Whatever you think of VSA…well that’s the thing. You’re the one who help us influence how others see us, talk to us, hear about us, meet us, interact with us, invite us and maybe even pay us.
Your job, in its simplest form, is to get VSA Out There. Which starts In Here. As our Director of Marketing and Communications, you’ll lead our Marketing and Communications team—but you’ll also be collaborating across all departments and with key leadership across VSA to ensure our marketing objectives are met. Then you’ll take those super-savvy people skills to coordinate with outside partners and vendors.
By providing vision and direction for enterprise-wide marketing and brand awareness, you’ll help us establish measurable earned media, social media, content and inbound marketing, while creating opportunities that help us meet internal communication goals. All while managing that magical, wonderful word…budget.
Think you’ve got what it takes? Let’s rehearse. “Hello AdWeek? This is…”
We are a group of dedicated, collaborative and kind people that value smarts over egos. We work very hard to create human-centered, insight-inspired work that moves people, changes behavior and addresses real strategic problems. We started as a design firm more than 30 years ago and operate today with a design thinking approach to everything we do. Formally, we’re a branding and marketing company that approaches business challenges holistically and aims to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising. Informally, we’re a family that comes together at the table every day to make something great.
• You will develop VSA’s overall corporate communications strategic plan, including public relations and social media objectives and strategies.
• Which means you’ll execute ongoing marketing and communications to support our brand positioning goals and to grow revenue. Cha-ching.
• You’ll ensure we maintain enterprise positioning strategy and materials.
• You will develop and manage content as lead generation that appeals to client base and industry influencers.
• You will oversee editing and review (including legal review) processes for all marketing creative created in the department. Which might even mean this website. Woah, meta.
• You will ensure consistency of content strategy and adherence to brand guidelines, with coordination and oversight of internal communications across VSA.
• You will obtain positive media coverage for VSA events, initiatives, and offerings, with an eye on trade media interests in order to better capitalize on publicity opportunities.
• You will create opportunities to showcase VSA’s Executive Team, generating positive exposure for VSA’s point of difference.
• You will implement ongoing quantitative brand tracking, measurement and reporting via third-party software tools.
• You will help create more expertise in our business by providing media training.
• Poster child duties: you’ll serve as a leader in community and professional organizations pertinent to the public relations function; ideally your involvement will create visibility for VSA as an active, civic member of the community.
• You will develop and manage the (magical, wonderful) budget for corporate marketing.
• Minimum of 8 years’ experience in marketing, public relations and social media within a corporate office
• Experience developing corporate marketing strategies, programs, and campaigns in a B2B environment
• Demonstrated skills, knowledge and experience in the design and execution of marketing, communications, and public relations activities
• Experience developing and managing budgets, and hiring, training, developing, supervising and appraising personnel
• Proven results in working with and leading senior management
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, marketing, public relations (preferred) or Graduate degree in a related field (even more preferred)
• Comfort with intense working environments and tight deadlines. And you’re okay with occasional out-of-town, overnight travel and evening/weekend work when it comes to tricky deadlines.
• Strong creative, strategic, analytical, organizational and personal sales skills
• And even stronger communication skills, including facilitation and presentations, with proficiency in communicating to both business and technical resources
• Ability to work collaboratively with other departments to resolve complex issues by creating mutually agreeable approaches and decisions to implement innovative solutions
• Must possess good business acumen; understanding of terms, concepts, processes, business drivers, etc.
• Ability to work independently as well as within a team
• Must be comfortable working in ambiguous situations as ambiguous as that requirement
• The desire to represent an amazing company full of amazingly nice people
• Some evenings and weekend work may occasionally be necessary to meet deadlines.
• Occasional out-of-town, overnight travel may be required.