VSA Partners is a group of dedicated, collaborative and kind people that value smarts over egos. We work very hard to create human-centered, insight-inspired work that moves people, changes behavior, and answers real strategic problems. We started as a design firm over 30 years ago and operate today with a “design thinking” approach to everything we do. Formally, we’re a branding and marketing company that approaches business challenges holistically and aims to break down silos between branding, digital, marketing and advertising. Informally, we’re a family that comes together at the table every day to make something great.
Spontaneity. Good for road trips. Bad for business. But you already knew this because you’re a Master Planner. At VSA, we call it a Senior Strategist. And we’re looking for one to bring your super-smart, super-sharp super skills to multiple accounts. You’ve got it all mapped out—navigating different types of business models and challenges, unearthing smart, relevant insights and crafting strategic solutions that span internal and external audiences. Since you’ve already got a few miles behind you (experience), you’re ready to help develop compelling strategic recommendations across multiple accounts. Plus, you’re like a good playlist: you foster strong client relationships and help us cruise through any landscape. Even those vast, flat Oklahoma-like ones.
Imagine your colleagues are trapped with you in a car for eight hours. After really getting to know you and after taking on a particular business challenge (it’s a weird trip, okay?), they’d emerge from the backseat to say they consider you a:
● Strategic Partner…Independently running medium to large client engagements excites you, from strategic content development and delivery to long-term client growth. You are a critical thinker who likes to work alongside client engagement directors, creative directors and the design team to develop points of view and surface solutions that can catalyze change.
● Solid Communicator…You are articulate and persuasive, presenting information across a variety of sources clearly and with conviction. Framing insights in simple language, building strong rationale for strategic recommendations, and crafting compelling stories are all practically second nature for you. And you present yourself with confidence, professionalism, authority and humility. You can capture a room without feeling the need to own it, creating a space for creativity and dialog. (Kind of like an excellent road trip companion.)
● Team Leader and Facilitator…You have a natural and proven ability to lead and inspire teams—to build consensus and work effectively within a cross-disciplinary team. You are comfortable designing and managing internal and client work sessions with multiple stakeholders, and drive to specific outcomes.
● Avid Researcher…Employing conventional and non-conventional research methodologies to uncover new insights is a no-brainer. You are updated on and interested in trends, industry debates and technological and communication innovations, constantly applying your learning to push thinking. You are also resourceful—you know where to go to understand the client’s business environment and strategy, and what it takes to conduct a comprehensive competitive analysis. And when necessary, you are willing and able to pull and piece together relevant information with short timelines.
● Opportunity Seeker…With one eye always on the future, you anticipate opportunities as outcomes from existing projects, and develop internal and client relationships that foster trust and promote the team’s services and expertise to help capture new opportunities.
● Creative Contributor…You value creativity and are excited about the creative process—comfortable with the fact that creativity is strange, intangible, and often hard to understand. From ideation to conceptually discussing an idea and how it can work in the marketplace, you are ready to roll up your sleeves and contribute to the process.
● Focused Multi-Tasker...You enjoy versatility and can handle multiple projects and re-prioritizations—all the while taking ownership of the quality of each of your own deliverables.
● You have 4-6 years of experience in brand or management consulting agencies—B2B experience strongly preferred.
● You’ve got a Bachelor’s degree (somewhere around here…) in a field that requires strong communications and problem-solving skills.
● You are inquisitive, inspiring and imaginative—continually considering ideas that grow from exploratory research and intuition about the connection between products, brands channels and human behavior.
•You’re up for the journey, knowing that the people riding with you along the way are some of the nicest and smartest in the business, who have mostly excellent taste in music.